The question “what is the latest price of international passport in Nigeria?” is a very popular question amongst the Nigerian populace and the post is aimed at giving you a complete information on the cost of Nigerian international passport and documents required to get yours.
The Nigerian international passport is a booklet which confirms that you’re a citizen of Nigeria. It also serves as a means of identification in most cases.
Nigerian E-Passport is one of the necessary documents(if not the most important one) every Nigerian must have before travelling outside the country.
The Nigerian Immigration Service(NIS)is a government agency which is responsible for the production and issuance of the international passport in Nigeria.
Without wasting more time, let’s take a look at various types of the Nigerian international passport, their prices and requirements for 2019.
Types Of International Passport In Nigeria
Before going into specific details about the price of international passport in Nigeria, let’s take a look at the various types of international passport booklets in Nigeria and their uses.
The Nigerian passport booklets are of two types – the 64-page international passport booklet and the 32-page international passport booklet.
As the name implies, the 64-page passport is a Nigerian passport booklet that has 64 pages which you can use to get your visa stamped. It is valid for 5 years only and can only be used to get a valid visa 64 times.
The 32-page passport is another cheaper Nigerian passport booklet which contains only 32 pages. It is only valid for 5 years and can be used to stamp your visa 32 times.
New Update: There is a new passport booklet type(64-page) which will be launched later this year. These new passport booklets are said to have a 10-year validity and cost 70,000 Naira(details will be discussed later in this article).
Price Of International Passport In Nigeria
Having known the various types of Nigerian passport booklets and their various validity periods, this section of the article will be about the cost of these booklets at various passport offices in Nigeria.
According to the Nigerian Immigration Service(NIS), all passport types do not come with the same prices due to the number of pages on each one.
The 64-page passport booklet is costlier than the one with 32 pages. There are also various prices for different age grades when applying for an international passport in Nigeria.
Note that the price of renewing international passport in Nigeria is also the same as the price for applying for a new passport.
Below are the different prices of the various types of international passports we have in Nigeria.
Price Of 64-Page Passport In Nigeria
- Minor(AGE 0 – 17) – 20,000 Naira Only.
- Adult(AGE 18 – 59) – 20,000 Naira Only.
- Elderly(AGE 60+) – 20,000 Naira Only.
Price Of 32-Page Passport In Nigeria
- Minor(AGE 0 – 17) – 8,750 Naira Only.
- Adult(AGE 18 – 59) – 15,000 Naira Only.
- Elderly(AGE 60+) – 8,750 Naira Only.
Price Of 64-Page Passport Outside Nigeria
- Minor(AGE 0 – 17) – $125.
- Adult(AGE 18 – 59) – $125.
- Elderly(AGE 60+) – $125.
Price Of 32 Pages Passport Outside Nigeria
- Minor(AGE 0 – 17) – $65.
- Adult(AGE 18 – 59) – $94.
- Elderly(AGE 60+) – $65.
Price Of New International Passport In Nigeria
Like i mentioned earlier in this article, the Nigerian Immigration Service(NIS) recently announced the launch of a new international passport booklet.
According to them, this new International passport(both 64 and 32 pages) will be valid for a longer period and will come with some other new features. These features include
- 10-year and 5-year validity for the 64 and 32-page passports respectively.
- Better self-tracking of visa applications
- Weather friendliness and higher durability amongst other new features.
Below are the prices of the newly introduced international passports booklets in Nigeria
Price Of New 64-Page Passport In Nigeria
The new 64-Page Nigerian international passport with a 10-year validity will cost 70,000 Naira in Nigeria and $230outside Nigeria.
While the new 64-Page new international passport with a 5-year validity will cost 35,000 Naira in Nigeria and $150 outside Nigeria.
Price Of New 32-Page Passport In Nigeria
The new 32-page international passport will cost 25,000 Naira in Nigeria and $130 outside Nigeria and is valid for only 5 years.
Requirements For The Nigerian International Passport
This post about the price of international passport in Nigeria won’t be complete without telling you about the documents required when applying for an international passport in Nigeria.
When applying for an international passport in Nigeria, some documents are needed and this section of the article will cover the documents needed when applying for a Nigerian international passport.
Passports in Nigeria are of two types regardless of the number of pages and these types are the Standard Passportand Official passport. These international passports have various uses and require different types of documents for the interview at the passport office.
Below are the documents needed for you to get an international passport in Nigeria(Official and Standard passport types).
Documents Required For Standard Passport In Nigeria
- Letter of identification from your Local Government of origin.
- Birth certificate or declaration of age.
- 2 passport photographs(we recommend you take more than this just in case).
- Guarantor’s form sworn to before a commissioner of Oaths / Magistrate / High Court Judge
- Parents’ letter of consent for citizens under 16 years
- Marriage certificate(if you’re married)
- Police report(if lost your passport booklet)
Documents Required For Official Passport In Nigeria
Below are the documents required to get the official international passport in Nigeria.
- Letter of introduction from appropriate public or private institution that you work for.
- Marriage certificate if applicable.
- Letter of employment or last promotion letter for the organization/agency.
How To Apply For Nigerian International Passport Online
Step 1 – Visit the Home page of Nigeria Immigration Portal via this link
Step 2 – Select a passport type. There are two types which are “Standard e-Passport” OR “Official e-Passport”, then click on “Start Application” button.
Step 3 – Fill the Application form and check the ‘I ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS FORM‘checkbox. After that, click the “PRINT” Button to print your application form.
Step 4 – Click on the “Submit Application” button to view the “Applicant details page”
Step 5 – When in the “Applicant details page“, click on the “Proceed to Online Payment” button.
Step 6 – Click to select Payment Currency “Pay in Naira”(for applicants in Nigeria) or “Pay in Dollars” option(for international applicants) then Click on the “Continue” button to move to the next step.
Step 7 – Choose the currency you want to use for payment (payments can be made in Naira or US Dollars). You can make payments with a credit/debit card or your bank account.
Step 8 – If you chose the option to pay in Naira, you will be prompted to select a payment option(Bank payment or credit/debit cards).
Step 9 – When you select the bank payment option, you’ll be given a list of Nigerian banks you can complete the payment with then click on the “Continue” button to print your acknowledgement slip and take the slip to the bank to make payment for your passport.
After paying at the bank you’ll be given a copy of your receipt which must contain a Validation Number(This number will be used confirm your payment on the NIS portal.
Step 10 – If you choose with a Credit/Debit card, select the “Credit/Debit card” option and click continue. You’ll be required to login into the platform with your login details.
After logging in, click the “PAY” button and you will be redirected to a secure online payment platform where you can input the details of your card to start the payment process.
When your payment is completed, a Validation Number will be given to you and this number will be used when validating your payment on the NIS platform.
You can also print your receipt to make sure that your validation number is safe as it is very important for your passport application.
Step 11(For those outside Nigeria) – If you live outside Nigeria, your payment will be in US Dollars(USD). When you click on the Pay button, you will be re-directed to a secure online payment platform to make your payment in US Dollars.
After payment, a receipt containing your validation number will be given to you. Then you can take this number to the NIS portal to confirm your payment.
How To Confirm Your Payment With The Validation Number
Below are the steps you can use to confirm your payment on the NIS portal:
- Visit the portal and choose the “Query your Application Payment Status” option then enter your Passport Application ID and Reference No.
- If a “Validation Number” field appears(this happens only when you’ve not confirmed your payment on the portal), enter the validation number from your receipt(from the bank or online payment platform).
- Click the “Search Record” button and you will be directed to the “Applicant’s Details” page where a date and venue for your interview will be generated.
- You can now print your Acknowledgement Slip or NIS E-receipt by using the “Print” button on the page(This will be needed for the interview at the passport office).
- This document(the receipt or acknowledgement slip) must be printed with a printer(black and white or coloured) as it will be required during your interview.