The Nigerian Exchange market closed on a positive note amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) appreciated by 9 basis points.
The NGX ASI closed at 42,013.39 points, to reflect a growth of 0.09% from the previous trading day and a Year-to-Date (YTD) return of 4.33%. Meanwhile, the market capitalization increased by N19.10 billion.
At the close of the market today, Tuesday, 2nd November 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N21.93 trillion from N21.91 trillion in the previous trading day.
The market breadth closed negative as INTBREW led 10 gainers, and 31 losers topped by UACN at the end of today’s session. The stock market has advanced 1,742.67 base points since the start of the year.
NGX ASI top gainers
- INTBREW +9.62% to close at N5.70
- LASACO up +8.33% to close at N1.17
- LINKASS up +7.55% to close at N0.57
- CHAMS up +4.35% to close at N0.24
- OANDO up +4.09% to close at N4.84
NGX ASI top losers
- UACN down –9.73 to close at N10.20
- FTNCOCOA down –8.70% to close at N0.42
- FBNH down –6.98% to close at N10.00
- UNITYBANK down –6.90% to close at N0.54
- CHIPLC down –6.67% to close at N0.56
NGX ASI top traded by volume
- UBA – 52,580,096 units
- FBNH – 30,496,768 units
- ZENITHBANK- 29,899,207 units
- CHAMS – 15,455,374 units
- TRANSCORP – 14,080,825 units
NGX ASI top traded by value
- ZENITHBANK – N747,641,018.65
- UBA – N446,923,936.10
- FBNH N313,805,966.75
- MTNN – N221,850,722.00
- WAPCO – N199,588,885.70
Market sentiments trend towards the bulls despite the market differential being in favour of the decliners as 10 gainers were surpassed 31 losers.