Vector is a Nigerian singer, songwriter, rapper, actor and philosopher.
Full Names: Olanrewaju Ogunmefun David
Stage Name: Vector
Other Name( s): V.E.C, Vector Tha Viper
Date of birth: 7th August, 1984
Age: 35 years
Education: Ijebu Ode Grammar School
Occupation: Singer, songwriter, rapper, actor
Genre: Hip Hop, Afro Pop
Label: GRAP Entertainment Limited
Associated acts: Mavado, 2 Face Idibia, Indomix, 9ice, Timaya, Iyanya, Ice Prince
Net worth: $5 million
Vector Biography, Date Of Birth, Early Life, Family And Education
Olanrewaju Ogunmefun David was born on the 7th of August, 1984 in Lagos State. He is the fourth of five children and they hail from Ogun State.
Lanre had his early education at the Command children school, Ijebu Ode Grammar School, Government College Victoria Island and Saint Gregory’s College Ikoyi Lagos.
Olanrewaju Ogunmefun David started his musical career in junior high in 1994. While still in St. Gregory’s College, he got involved in a number of social activities which granted him the opportunity of performing on stage.
In 1999, he formed Badder Boiz, and they wrote their own songs. The same year, the duo started performing at showcases as a trio.
In February 2010, David released first official single ‘Kilode’ for his State of Surprise album. A few months later he released the official video.
In April 2010, he released his first official single ‘Mary Jane’. In October 2010, he released his first studio album. The album featured artists like Sista Soul, General Pype, 2 Face Idibia, Emmsong, Chuddy K and Ade Piper with productions from Sam Klef, H-Code, Da Piano, Xela Xelz, J-Smith and Vibez Production.
In June 2011, he released a video for the song ‘Get Down’ in which he featured 2Face Idibia. He also released two songs, ‘Angeli’ ft. 9ice and ‘Mr. Vector’ ft. Jazzy. The both were produced by Sagzy and released on 19 May 2011.
He has also done a number of international collaborations with the likes of Mavado of We the Best Music Group. The title of the song was ‘Born Leader’ and the video which was directed by Antwan Smith was shot in Miami, Florida.
In August 2013, Vector got featured in Pheelz’ ‘Popular’ and the song gained massive airplay in radio stations across the country.In January 2015, he released the audio and video to his rap single ‘King Kong’. He later proceeded to releasing two remixes with the first one featuring Phyno, Classiq, Uzi and Reminisce. The second remix was with Ghana superstar, Sarkodie.
He also released two other songs titled ‘Kanawan Dabo’ and ‘8’ (freestyle) in July 2015.
Vector has earned himself a number of awards and nominations including:
• Best Rap Single at The Headies 2015 ( won)
• Lyricist On The Roll at The Headies 2015 (won)
• Best Afro Hip-Hop Video at the Nigerian Music Video Awards (NMVA) 2012 ( won)
• Lyricist On The Roll The Headies 2012 ( won)
• Best Rap Single at The Headies 2012 ( won)
• Best Rap Act at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards (NEA) 2012 ( won)
• Recognition Award at the DYNAMIX Youth Awards 2012 ( won)
• Best Mainstream Hip-Hop Video at the Nigerian Music Video Awards (NMVA) 2011 ( won)
• Most Promising Act To Watch at the Nigerian Entertainment Awards (NEA) 2011 (nominated)
• Lyricist On The Roll at the The Headies 2011 (nominated)
• Best New Act at the DYNAMIX Youth Awards 2011 ( nominated)
Below are some of the songs Vector has released over the years:• King Kong (Remix) ft. Phyno, Reminisce, Classiq & Uzi (2015)
• King Kong (Remix) ft. Sarkodie (2015)
• Agege (As featured artiste (2016)
• Gee Boys ft.CDQ (2017)
• Seaside ft. Korede Bello (2017)
• Gunshot (2017)
• Like my Daddy (2017)
• This One Is (2018)
• Mad (2018)
• Be Happy ft. Daddy Showkey (2018)
• This Vector Sef (2019)
Vector’s Studio Albums
Some of his studio albums include:
• State of Surprise (2010)
• The Second Coming (2012)
• Lafiaji (2016)
• Bar-Racks The Mixtape (2012)
• A7 (2014)
Vector Net Worth
Vector is one of the biggest rappers in Nigeria with a good number of hit songs to his credit. He has an estimated net worth of $5 million.
You can link up with Vector on:
Instagram @VectorThaViperTwitter @VectorThaViper