I have been trying to pay for Facebook ads through my naira MasterCard for years with no success. Within the last 2 days I tried it for like 4 times, and was the same old stories, my card got declined.
Fortunately, Gtbank sent a statement to me about the reason why my card was being declined. It reads:”Dear Valued Customer, Declined Card Transaction: DCC Restriction Thank you for using your GTBank Naira MasterCard.
Please be informed that your transaction with the details below could not be completed because you have selected the DCC payment option (Dynamic Currency Conversion) that allows you to pay in Naira, which has been temporarily restricted on all our cards. Please reattempt the transaction and select the currency of the country you are transacting in.”
I therefore, search online and found information on how to used Naira Mastercard to add money to my Naira Facebook ads account prepaid balance via the ‘Facebook PayU’ payment method.This post will show you how to use PayU Naira card payment for Facebook ads in Nigeria.Please note that before you can pay with PayU, your Facebook ads manager currency must be in Naira.
10 STEPS TO USE PAYU TO PAY FOR FACEBOOK ADS IN NAIRA
1.Log in to your Facebook account.
2. Go to your Facebook Ads Manager payment methods page. In that page, click on “Add Money“.
3. It will give you three options. Choose the last one that says “Naira Payment With Mastercard and Visa ”.
5. Click “Make Payment”. A PayU page will show up6. When this PayU page shows, click “continue“.
7. You will be redirected to a page where you will be asked to enter the details of your Mastercard or Visa card. Enter the card details and click “Pay”.8. The next thing is to select the method you which to receive OTP. Then select the option at the far end of the page to confirm you accept terms and click “Submit”. Enter your otp and click “Submit”.
9. All things being equal, the next thing you should see is “your transaction was successful“.Pls SUBSCRIBE below to our Youtube channel and mailing list to get fresh updates on money making and inspiring videos and articles.